Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Revlon: Just Bitten in Passion

So, I bought this a few weeks ago and have been using it pretty devotedly ever since. I don't usually buy too many drug store products, but on my Target run to pick up the Sophia Kashuk brush, I thought it looked cute and besides, I do enjoy lipstains. The premise of the product essentially seems to be a lipstain that is applied much like a marker, on one side, and a lip balm on the other to fight the typical drying effects of a lipstain. (The balm is meant to be applied after the lipstain dries.) I picked this one because it had a bright pink color and I am very partial to bright pinks!

It gives my lips a nice, healthy stain for a few hours and is extremely easy to use. Unlike the other lipstain I have, which is a deep plum red Bobbi Brown, it is easily wearable and does not require a lip brush to apply.

However, there are a few downsides to the product. I've found it is drying and I do not really care for the balm that they have attacked - it is waxy and has a weird smell to it. Additionally, the balm is odd because it is simply a short, non-retractable stick. I really don't like that as I'm always afraid it'll break off mid-use! Also, after a few uses, the tip of the lip stain seems to have gotten a bit discolored. I'm not sure what's causing it or if it'll affect the product, but it still seems to be applying dutifully. I'll keep you posted. Overall, for the price, $8.99 at most drugstores, it was a pretty good product and fun!

The product in its resting state.

A swatch of the color.


The tip of the product. (See, it is a little oddly dark!)

Both ends of the product off - you can see that the balm protrudes quite a bit.

My lips with the stain on! Quite a nice color.


Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

2 comments: