Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 142

I woke up today to a sharp pain in my eye that would not go away. I knew something was wrong, but it was not until a visit to the eye doctor later that I found out I had an eye abrasion. Essentially, that is a tear to the eye, but, why I sharing that with you is because it means I cannot wear any eye makeup for about a week.

Now, I am definitely an eyes girl. Even on my laziest sweatpants days, I always make sure my eyes are lined and mascaraed with at least some concealer below to disguise the dark circles I am genetically prone to. Now, that is no more. After a brief existential crisis, I knew what I had to do this week - lips.

Today, I tried out Chanel's Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in 142 (Pink Teaser). It's a bright pink gloss and not something I'd usually wear. I much prefer matte lip colors, but I still enjoyed this.



The gloss looks very pretty in the tube - I really do like the packaging. Pretty standard tip applicator though, which I personally am not a fan of.



The gloss is especially shinny in the tube and you can see the sparkles very plainly.




This swatch was with only one coat! It is very thick and very highly pigmented. I love the pigmentation, but the thickness is a little bit too much for me.



Lips without flash.



And with flash. (I think this picture more accurately depicts the color).


Though I am definitely not a lip gloss person, for those who like a thicker, highly pigmented gloss, this does a good job. At $28.50 though, it is a little bit expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment